Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick Quiche

This morning I made a quiche to share with a friend while we studied for our Environmental Law final. I used a KAF tomato tart recipe for the crust and loosely for the egg filling. I didn't put the sliced tomatoes on top of the tart, but otherwise followed the recipe, using mozzarella cheese, chives, and salt and pepper in the egg. The crust was delicious, but I rolled it a bit thin, I probably could have used the entire recipe instead of halving it. I loved the cream cheese in the crust, it gave it a delicious tang, definitely worth a repeat.
I also didn't have a tart pan (time to invest) and I made a very Macgyver-esque pan by cutting two aluminum pie tins, one with a smaller central hole, the other I took the entire bottom from, placed it inside the one where I cut a small hole, and voila, a makeshift tart pan. I didn't get a picture because we dug into it pretty quickly, but it was yum!
I'm trying a recipe for sourdough bagels, the dough was extremely stiff, which is a good sign. I also tried using weight measurements instead of cup measures, and broke in my scale :) We'll see how they turn out tomorrow when they come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment