Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Homemade Granola

A friend from class brought homemade granola and shared with us how easy it was to make. Naturally, I immediately wanted to try my hand at it. I didn't have enough to make the recipe on KAF's website, it seemed like too much for a trial batch anyhow. I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com, my other standby. I loosely followed it, adding walnuts, flaxseeds, a dash of nutmeg, and using sesame oil because I didn't have any canola, olive didn't sound good in it, and sesame seemed like it'd add an interesting dimension.
The verdict? Besides the fact that I let it go a little to long - giving it a very very golden brown color (just this side of burned really), it smells heavenly. While I've only tried a few bites while it cools, I think it's going to be a yummy recipe to expand upon as I make it again. Now, do I add in cranberries, or chocolate chips... or dare I say it, both?!
In other news, I also have a batch of rosemary sourdough bagels rising. They'll be boiled/baked tomorrow. Mmmm! Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment