Friday, June 11, 2010

50%

Well yesterday I went on a baking frenzy, by the end of which my kitchen appeared to have been hit by a bomb made of flour and shredded carrots. I made lowfat carrot cake, my recipe is usually delicious, but with the few changes I made, it just wasn't the same. Then I made whole wheat bagels, and set them in the fridge to proof overnight.
This morning the bagels were boiled and baked, and they tasted good, but were absolutely huge. I could have made twice the amount of slightly smaller bagels. I bought myself some Wild Alaskan Salmon, but the brand I bought was fairly cheap, and when the red color transferred onto my fingers and cream cheese, I knew it'd be dyed. Yuck.

At least my cheesemaking kit came in the mail yesterday, which means I can try my hand at making mozzarella when I feel up to attempting to enter my kitchen again. At the moment, before I can do anything, I need to tackle the humongous pile of dishes I accumulated while under the influence of the baking gods yesterday... UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment